To begin the redesign of existing inpatient units on three floors, MCA led a Lean-infused design process that involved 40 hospital employees from a full range of departments. The project’s goal is to let nurses spend more time with their patients by helping eliminate waste from the patient care process and improving patient safety and comfort.
• 16 private rooms per floor
• Isolation rooms in each unit
• Decentralized nurse work stations and ample storage
• Glass-walled central hubs and electric glass in doors provide visibility
and sound control
• Open terrace provides access to nature