MCA provided A/E services under four separate contracts for the Veterans Affairs Baltimore Medical Center campus in downtown Baltimore. These projects resulted in a major interior multi-story, multi-phase infill project engaging all seven levels by infilling a portion of the east atrium to create much needed additional floor space. The projects also renovated under-used inpatient beds into versatile, sophisticated outpatient clinical services and health education facilities. Combined, these projects total 62,300 SF and $21 million in construction costs and include building areas 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A, and 7A.
Mental Health and Managed Care Outpatient Counseling and Women‘s Health Services were relocated into a new 15,240 SF addition to provide a welcoming environment for female veterans, and include interview/therapy offices, exam rooms, and support spaces. MCA also consolidated and redesigned the medical library into approximately 25% of the original library space. This relocation made space available in existing inpatient units for the creation of new bariatric isolation rooms.
- Significant and challenging multi-story building addition on the inside of an operational hospital.
- 62,300 SF total project area, including renovations
- Mental Health and Managed Care Outpatient Counseling and Women‘s Health Services
- Medical Library
- Interview/therapy offices, exam rooms, and support spaces
- Bariatric Facility, including isolation rooms
Have a question about this project?
Contact Richard Barton, AIA at email@example.com