- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematical Sciences, Computer Sciences, Psychology, Occupational Therapy
- Merging operations of seven different departments | MCA senior project management team is used to negotiating in large committees with multiple stakeholders
- Design incorporated PKAL design philosophy for multi-disciplinary science education I The College and project design team participated in a Keck Consultancy during design phase
- Maintaining operations throughout construction | Multi-contract phasing plan used multiple delivery methods and durations
- Connected two dissimilar buildings to create a single cohesive facility | Strategically placed central atrium connects levels, provides circulation and unifying displays
- Biology facilities included laboratory classrooms an associated equipment and preparation rooms, microscopy, dedicated faculty and student research laboratories, human cadaver accommodation in anatomy & physiology,
- Chemistry facilities included teaching laboratories, a chemistry reading room and student/faculty research laboratories including an NMR Spectroscopy facility on public view
- Additional notable laboratory spaces include a robotics lab, Kid's Zone human research space for Occupational Therapy, Biopsychology research facilities, aaalac compliant animal and aquaria facilities
- Notable project spaces include a centrally located museum for the display of a donated world-class mineral collection, a 2000nsf Fabrication Laboratory addition, and a completey modernized 300+ seat Gibble auditorium.
Have a question about this project?
Contact Richard Barton, AIA at email@example.com
Higher Education | Science + Research
Architecture | Interior Design | Planning + Programming | Facilities Solutions
SCUP Annual Conference – Feature Panel Presentation
American School + University Architectural Portfolio Outstanding Project