- Master of Architecture, Morgan State University
- Master of Business Administration, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
University of Southern California
+ Bachelor of Arts in Economics
+ Minor in Sociology
- American Institute of Architects
- Women in Healthcare, Maryland Chapter
- “A Novel Approach to Locating Community Clinics to Promote Health Care Accessibility and Reduce Health Disparities in Baltimore, Maryland.” Article in The Journal of Health Care Organization, Provision, and Financing, Volume 60, 2023, Co-author.
- “A community health clinic in Baltimore: healing environment, design criteria, and assessment metrics.” Article in the International Journal of Architectural Research, September 2022, Co-author.
Before embarking on a second career in architecture and joining MCA in 2021, Naomi was an accomplished communications and public relations practitioner with nearly two decades of experience. With a bachelor’s degree in economics and an MBA, Naomi has a solid track record of formulating and leading initiatives to effectively manage marketing communications, employee engagement, media relations, recruitment, and community relations. She spent 13 years of her career working for Bechtel, a global engineering and construction company, as part of the company’s in-house team on various corporate and project assignments in senior communications roles. During her tenure there, Naomi traveled across the US and around the world helping the company in which she worked create a lasting positive legacy in the communities they served. Her experience working with people from all walks of life – from corporate headquarters and community meeting rooms to construction sites – has instilled in her the values of plain talk, collaboration, and teamwork.
After a successful first career, Naomi decided to pick up what she left off in college, which was her love for architecture. While pursuing her architecture education, Naomi cultivated a passion for healthcare design because she believes in the healing power of thoughtfully curated built environments. Part of her academic work includes serving as a research assistant on two projects funded by the National Institute of Health studying community health clinics in Baltimore. A member of MCA’s healthcare studio, Naomi worked on a number of our key behavioral health projects as well as inpatient rooms and support space innovations.
As Director of Marketing, Naomi now combines her talents as a communicator and a designer to help MCA tell our stories — and the stories of our success.
Did you know that …
Naomi was a wedding singer! She has lent her awesome vocal talents to many of her friends’ wedding celebrations.